Research & Development
JustFoodForDogs prides itself on being the first company to conduct scientific research at major universities on fresh prepared, whole food diets using exclusively USDA certified meats and human edible whole food ingredients vs. the standard feed grade ingredients which are usually found in pet food. As is the case in human nutrition, research is mounting that a whole food diet is healthier for pets than an ultra-processed kibble diet.
Scientific, published research across three independent universities demonstrates that JustFoodForDogs daily diets are significantly more digestible than traditional kibble and that feeding our food results in a statistically significant increase in circulating red blood cells, white blood cells, and immune system proteins. In short, our food is proven healthy and clinically shown to support your dog’s healthy immune system.
We are proud to have partnered with respected leaders in their field including:
- Dr. Kelly Swanson, Ph.D., MS – Professor of Animal & Nutritional Sciences – University of Illinois
- Dr. Broc Sandelin, Ph.D. – Dean of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences – Delaware Valley University (formerly at Cal Poly Pomona University)
- Dr. Lee Allen Pettey, Ph.D. – Director of Animal Science Curriculum Development, UC Davis (formerly at Cal Poly Pomona University)
- Dr. Brian Oakley, Ph.D., MS – Associate Professor & Interim Director of Year 3, College of Veterinary Medicine at Western University
- Dr. Dominique Griffon, DVM, Ph.D., MS, DECVS, DACVS – Professor and Associate Dean for research at the College of Veterinary Medicine at Western University.
• One of a Kind Partnership (January 14, 2013). California State Polytechnic University Pomona Polycentric News. Retrieved September 14, 2013.
• Chavez, O. C. (2013) Letters to the Editor. Home-prepared diets for dogs. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association 243:8, 1099-1100. Online publication date: 15-Oct-2013.