Veterinary Nutrition Team
In response to concerns about the pet food industry, ‘boutique’ type brands have sprouted overnight, circumventing veterinarians, and marketing directly to the public without ever testing their formulations and without any scientific basis behind their claims. We want to be clear – JFFD is not this kind of pet food company; we are entirely vet-centric and boast a team of over 11 veterinarians led by Dr. John Tegzes, VMD Dipl. ABVT, board-certified Veterinary Toxicologist and by our Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Oscar E. Chavez BVetMed MRCVS MBA. In July of 2017, Dr. Laura Wilson, DVM Dipl. ACVD, board-certified Veterinary Dermatologist, joined our team. In December 2017, Dr. Lisa Weeth, DVM Dipl. ACVN, board-certified Veterinary Nutritionist also joined.
In addition, Dr. Chavez and Dr. Tegzes founded and teach a formulating certification course to fourth year veterinary students at WesternU veterinary school. Many of those students have graduated and are now certified Whole Food Veterinary Formulators (WFF) for JustFoodForDogs. To learn more about the Whole Food Formulating certification course, click here. To learn more about each of our Nutrition Team members, click below.
- Dr. Oscar E Chavez, BVetMed MRCVS MBAChief Medical Officer
- Dr. John Tegzes, VMD Dipl. ABVTStaff Veterinarian, Board Certified Veterinary Toxicologist
- Dr. Lisa Weeth, DVM Dipl. ACVNVeterinary Consultant, Board Certified Veterinary Nutritionist
- Dr. Laura Wilson, DVM, DACVDVeterinary Consultant, Board Certified Veterinary Dermatologist
- Dr. Broc Sandelin, PhDChair Animal & Veterinary Sciences
- Dr. Kendra Bettis Scheibe, DVM, Cert. WFF (Canine & Feline)Regional Medical Director
- Dr. Nina Pusateri, MLAS, DVM, Cert. WFF (Canine)Consultant, Formulator
- Dr. Shazia Ghani Jolissaint, DVM, Cert. WFF (Canine & Feline)Consultant, Formulator
- Dr. Sierra Adams Friedman, DVM, Cert. WFF (Canine & Feline)Consultant, Formulator
- Danny Xu, BS Animal Health ScienceCompounding Manager
- Kristen PollockVeterinary Support Manager
- Dr. Elizabeth Tancredi, DVMLead Formulator
- Sandy L. RosalesVeterinarian Ambassador
- Wendy GaleanaVeterinary Operations Manager
- Dr. Jessica Wilson, DVMVeterinary Outreach Trainer
JustFoodForDogs diets and veterinary support diets are used routinely by hundreds of boarded specialists in veterinary medicine and general practice veterinarians. Our diets are also produced and manufactured locally in high-quality modern facilities, and no aspect of the production process is outsourced overseas. Our kitchens are always open to the public, transparent, and available for visits at any time. We provide full typical analyses on all our diets, including detailed nutritional information as well as a basic caloric breakdown in our comprehensive veterinary guide.